Saturday, April 7, 2007

Why the Blog?

I guess you're wondering why a blog about the fresh side of romance. Well, here it goes. This blog is for those who get a little lonely and feel like they have to settle for less than what they deserve or feel like they have to give in to sexual pressures. I can remember, when I was younger, I loved to read romance novels. I could purchase one on Friday evening and by Saturday morning, I had completed the book. Why? The spirit of lust was so heavy in those books that it drove me to read page after page until the book was completed. Then I wanted to call someone and play out some of the scenes in the book. I am not proud of it, but that is what happened. Oh yeah, I considered myself to be a christian then, too.

As I matured, I realized that this was not cool. We (christians) need to be able to read about love and it's possibilities without all of the promiscuity. We also need to be able to confide in someone when we feel like we are about to slip into an area that we know God would not and does not approve of. For this reason, I decided to start this blog. I know that this will not meet the approval of some super saints, but for those of us who will admit to ourselves that we have a problem, this is for you. It's okay. We are not perfect, but our goal is to strive for perfection. My hope is that you will see love in a different, more pure way. Once you do, it will change your whole outlook on love.

My prayer is that this blog will help someone deal with some of the everyday pressures that they are faced with. Please feel free to leave a comment.